Hi, I’m Felix. Thanks for visiting my site.
I studied IT-Systems Engineering at the Hasso-Plattner-Institute (HPI) in Potsdam, Germany. After brief stints in consulting and product management, I am back in software engineering. Currently, I work as a Senior Security Engineer at Celonis. You can also find me on LinkedIn. You can also reach my via email at
Here is a short version of my CV, peppered with keywords on technologies I used and duties I carried out during that time.
04/2022 - today - Senior Security Engineer @ Celonis SE
DevSecOps has become close to my heart - so I increased my focus on it:
- SAST/SCA program management and integration into software-development lifecycle
- Research collaborations with universities on emerging technologies
- Seminar at the Hasso Plattner Institute (https://github.com/Root-DE/Applied-Cybersecurity-Django)
- Tooling to shift security further left in the SDLC
- Introducing software supply chain security: provenance, attestation, signature
08/2020 - 04/2022 - Software Engineer @ Celonis SE
Engineer in an interdisciplinary team (meaning it comprises of QA, Product and Engineers) that owned internal libraries, central micro-services like authentication and logging, and a lot of developer-related tooling:
- Authentication via traditional credentials, SAML and OIDC
- E-Mail S/MIME signatures
- Tenant provisioning, configuration and de-provisioning
- Software-development lifecycle iteration and improvements
- Central identity management using Apereo CAS
- Numerous customer support tickets
- Incidents handling and response
Technologies I worked with: PostgreSQL, Rabbit, Java, Spring, Rust, Python, Kubernetes, Typescript, Angular, Docker
10/2019 - 08/2020 - Product Manager @ Celonis SE
My first full-time job! Management of the backlog of the Platform Core team (5 people). The team owns internal tooling, providing the foundation for other teams to build their microservices on. Here is a non-exhaustive list of things I initiated and strived for during my time as PM:
- Introduced scrum
- Retain an estimated backlog with clearly separated epics
- Keep interruptions during the sprint to a minimum
- Create clear communication channels with the team to avoid interruptions of engineers
- Structure and expand documentation and whitepapers
- Maintain a friendly working relationship with many internal stakeholders as well as customers
- Drive the development of enterprise-readiness features such as just-in-time user onboarding
During my time as a PM, I felt that I could deliver more value as a developer. Hence I switched roles but stayed on the same team.My
04/2018 - 09/2018 - Master’s Project @ HPI
React, SAP HANA, BPMN, Interviewing, Process Mapping
2019 - M.Sc. IT-Systems Engineering @ Hasso-Plattner-Institute
I wrote my thesis on Next-Activity Prediction with Long-Short-Term Memory Recurrent Networks. The topic piqued my interest in process mining and got me in touch with Celonis.
2015 - B.Sc. IT-Systems Engineering @ Hasso-Plattner-Institute
The six semesters here taught me a lot about natural curiousity on technology, the bitcoin hype and the immense value of reliable teammates. I wrote my thesis on Preselecting Job Candidates Through Data Analysis. The topic was nice, and it was a cool confirmation that in the years after, several startups tried out what I had sketched in my thesis. They tried to find good candidates for jobs based on their Github profiles, but I think Github took that business to themselves.
2012 - Abitur @ Paul-von-Denis-Gymnasium
Finishing school and convincing my IT teacher that Python is in fact an object-oriented language. In hindsight I would have loved to replace religion as a subject with financial literacy.
2006 - Four year expat stay @ DSKL
We (family and I) were abroad and I got pretty good at speaking English and imitating Indian accents :D